Sunday, February 15, 2009

Table for Two



Friday night the GA's at our church 'hosted' a Valentines banquet for the A.W.E. group (Adults with experience/55+) and their families that also served as a 'fundraiser' for the Annie Armstrong Easter offering. It was really a neat experience. The girls and mothers got together Thursday night to decorate their tables and get things organized. Friday night they all looked so cute in their waitress type outfits and Valentines aprons as they waited tables and took orders (moms were scattered around supervising and in the kitchen fixing plates). As the the girls families arrived, they were allowed to serve them, then with their mother, join them for the meal. When Frankie and Alyson arrived, we proceeded with the above plan. Natalie was taking their order when I came out and asked if I could join them for supper. Alyson was quick to tell me that this was hers and Frankie's date (that is what I told her was going to happen and I guess I should have taken the hint when there were only 2 chairs at the table). Needless to say, Frankie and Aly enjoyed their date night. After seeing the two of them there, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Savannah, Kellye, Emma, Autumn, Natalie
Cortney, Erin, Lexie

Natalie had as much fun waiting on them as they had on the date. The GA girls were so cute waiting the tables and they all enjoyed their evening. Natalie and I had our own little dinner date after the rush was over.

1 comment:

Suzan said...

aww! you know I loved being a GA! Remember those days? Do you think Natalie will go to Garaywa? LOVE IT!