Monday, December 15, 2008

Despite all the sales, advertising, decorations, etc. that inundate us from early fall till Christmas, I never feel like the Christmas season really gets going until we have attended our first Christmas party. Well, we were on the ball this weekend. We knocked all of them out in 2 days! How about that for efficiency? Of course, it was only 2 parties this year so I don't guess it was that huge of an accomplishment ;). We had our Sunday School party Friday night and had a great time. We played dirty Santa and we didn't come out too bad (because there were some really bad gifts there - for me, the worst had to be doe urine which was one of the most fought over gifts ?!?!) Anyway, the girls were surprised when their babysitter arrived and it was their beloved Judy Lynn. She came down from Starkville to keep the girls and spend the night with us. The girls really had a good time and were treated to making s'mores and building a chair/blanket tent in the living room. Judy's sister Michelle met them at the mall Saturday and they squeezed in a little shopping before heading back to Columbus.
We had Frankie's work party Saturday night and the food was so good. I made a meal out of the appetizers (which are my weakness) and then ate the equivalent of another 2 meals with the salad and main course. The few pounds I have lost since moving were quickly found! They always give away great door prizes at the party and this time was no exception. Two of the most anticipated prizes were a giant Santa and Snowman figurine. They were so cute. I didn't get my hopes up about winning anything because we never do. They were down to the last door prize so I knew our chances were about nil at that point. Of course, the next number called was not ours - but that person wasn't there. HA! The next one actually turned out to be ours! It took us a moment to claim it because we were sure we had heard them wrong. We won the snowman figurine and he is so cute!

He is standing in front of the Christmas tree and you can see the train in the background so that gives you an idea of his size (about 3 ft tall). I love him!

1 comment:

The Patricks said...

Cute, cute, cute!! We are soooo coming! I know I keep saying that, but I promise we are!!!