Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our House

Several of you have asked me to post some pictures of our new house. Despite it being a new house, it still needs plenty of work in the yard and on the landscaping. All in due time. I will gladly share these outside pictures. The inside view will have to wait, all except for one very focal shot. With children, it doesn't take things long to get broken in......... Oh well, it had to happen sometime..........



No, this is not gum - that would be too easy to clean up. This is silly putty, firmly attached silly putty! Any suggestions?



I took one other picture of the house this afternoon after I got home. We were between rain showers and I ran out to check the mail and saw the most beautiful rainbow, a full rainbow that seemed to completely cover our house. The picture just doesn't do it justice.




A few minutes later, another shower passed over and Alyson said, "But the rain is going to wash it (the rainbow) away!"

1 comment:

Gail said...

I don't have any suggestions, but can sympathize. When we built our house 2 years ago and moved in, we decided it was time to be "grownups" and actually buy our own furniture- most of what we had was hand-me-downs or college stuff. Anyway, not too long ago, someone gave our children silly putty and after about a day, I noticed a big blob on our couch cushions! They're fabric, so I've still not been able to get it all out...it's on the edge between the piping and the rest of the cushion!! ARG...