Saturday, September 20, 2008

Clarkdale Homecoming

Well, we have survived our first homecoming experience at Clarkdale and I must say we thoroughly enjoyed it. The entire school really gets in to the spirit of things for the entire week leading up to the big game. I have even heard of a few parents who really got in to the spirit of things as well and chauffeured their children as they T.P.'d some yards! I will refrain from divulging names though. The community support behind the school is pretty amazing as well. They held a community wide pep rally Thursday night. I have included a few pictures of the night.


The cheerleaders wrapping teachers. This was quite interesting and I am not sure that everyone understood all the rules.


The Bonfire!

This thing was huge once it got going good. They had stuffed all the t.p. from the previous game inside and lit it which resulted in a spout of charred t.p. that shot out the top and showered all of us. It was fun for a moment but then the heat from the fire became so unbearable that everyone had to scatter.


Natalie with Bully


This is where most people ended up after the heat ran us off. This is a Volvo that had been "decorated" for the students to abuse. I am not sure who came up with the brilliant idea of using a Volvo - the destruction was painful slow and quite unimpressive, despite the fact that they were using an axe to work on it. Yes, I said axe.

We didn't stick around for that very long. A bunch of jocks swinging an axe is not my idea of a safe activity.


A blue raspberry ring pop!

We went to the ballgame last night and got Alyson a "snack" from the concession stand. Thus the blue mouth. She had licked a lot of it off before I could get my hands on the camera and the picture really doesn't do her justice. The entire lower half of her face was blue. We were still scrubbing it off of her lips today.

We enjoyed our first official football game here despite the rain.

1 comment:

The Ketchums said...

I am go glad to see you are blogging! I will add ya'll to my list!! Tell Natalie I said hello!