Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A blogging we will go... Ok Suz, pick your jaw up off the floor! I heard it hit! I know this catches many of you off guard as I am usually the last to jump on board for these type of things. Believe it or not, I actually have a facebook page too! I am still not sure of exactly what I am doing or which way I am going with this, but I am going to give it a try. With so many changes happening right now, I thought no time like the present and hopefully an easy way to keep everyone informed. After all, what else do I have to do with my time right now ;)

If the last few months have not be chaotic, total chaos is about to ensue! If you have not been made aware of the many changes in our world this past year, I apologize. It certainly was not intentional. Now you have no excuse not to know (if it is posted, that is). The ball is in your court now! Frankie took a new job with Rexel Southern in Meridian, MS and started his new job last November. Believe it or not, the transition has actually gone quite smoothly - all things considered. In the spring we opted to build a house since we were unable to find one in the area we wanted to live in. I must brag on our builder - he told us 3-4 months and he will have us in it in less than 3 months from the day he poured the foundation. I promise that we have not sacrificed quality for the quick turn around. He has been great to work with. We are convinced that the Lord dropped him in our lap as He has also opened many other doors for us, only convincing us further that we are doing the right thing even if it is hard to believe some days. We officially close on the house next Monday. One week before construction started on our new house, we got a contract on our house in Columbus and closed on it less than a month later. Since then, we have been living with my parents. I know they will welcome the solitude of the "empty nest" once again next week even though they won't openly admit it ;). We will arrive in Meridian 1 week before school starts. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. But then again, what else would you expect from me? I will continue to work a couple of days a week to help cover a fellow employee's maternity leave through the first of September then I plan to be a full time stay at home mom with an occassional vacation relief (at my current job) thrown in. We are all excited but a little apprehensive about the upcoming changes.

Well, I guess I have rambled enough for my first post. I will try to keep you informed as we go. Our email and phone numbers (cell's) will stay the same. I will update you later with our address and other info. If I can ever figure out how to retrieve the picture I am looking for I will add a family pic. I will add some other pics soon. One step at a time!

Kristi

7 comments:

Gwen Chambers said...

I am sooooooooo impressed!!

gwen

Julee said...

Kristi...this is great! Now we can "see" you more often! You can check out our blog at
mykemp4.blogspot.com. I will add you to our blogroll! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

Way to go!! Now we can figure this blogging thing out together!

steph

tandtsmom said...

A blog was such a great idea! Been thinking of starting on myself. Good accountability for keeping everyone up to date, also.
So glad things went smoothly for you all.

Michelle Herrington said...

It's great to hear from you. I've been wondering about where you were in the moving process since we last talked. I'll be praying for a smooth transition for Natalie as school begins.

Stephanie Kelley said...

Hey Kristi... Welcoming to the world of blogging! Thanks for your help with my monogramming crisis yesterday. I went by Sewing World and knew the lady there that did the monogramming. I was able to get what I needed. Thanks again! Good luck with the move. We will miss you at church.
Stephanie

The Ruffins said...

Hey Kristi! I found you on Stephanie Kelly's blog. I did not know y'all moved to Meridian. I hope you are all doing good. Tell Natalie I said hello! Oh and our blog is at www.chadandmeganruffin.blogspot.com